Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts on F1 2011?

+2
SHEEPIE UK
Rockeye
6 posters

Go down

Thoughts on F1 2011? Empty Thoughts on F1 2011?

Post  Rockeye Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:10 pm

So now you guys have got it what are your first impressions?

VIP code for multiplayer seems pointless but it could be used by Codemasters to track people... not sure what use this would be though.

I like DRS and KERS but this is gonna take some getting used to. Quali is gonna be very interesting as I've kept the rear wing stalled through a few corners and the car has lost it. Even with the rear wing down the car seems to lose it if you push to hard round some of the corners. You can correct if you ease off a little however this is gonna make for some interesting racing!

Glad to see Time Trial is there and Time attack looks interesting however there are only 7 challenges.

We are gonna need to practise hard for Season 3 so we're familiar with the new racing model!

Rockeye

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on F1 2011? Empty Re: Thoughts on F1 2011?

Post  SHEEPIE UK Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:56 am

Rockeye wrote:So now you guys have got it what are your first impressions?

VIP code for multiplayer seems pointless but it could be used by Codemasters to track people... not sure what use this would be though.

I like DRS and KERS but this is gonna take some getting used to. Quali is gonna be very interesting as I've kept the rear wing stalled through a few corners and the car has lost it. Even with the rear wing down the car seems to lose it if you push to hard round some of the corners. You can correct if you ease off a little however this is gonna make for some interesting racing!

Glad to see Time Trial is there and Time attack looks interesting however there are only 7 challenges.

We are gonna need to practise hard for Season 3 so we're familiar with the new racing model!

Have to say overall pretty impressed. Handling needs getting used to and seems taking the kerbs are no where near as harsh as in 2010. KERS and DRS are fab and like you say you have to be careful using in qualy but certainly gets you thinking. Love the way the drivers hands animate using all the buttons. Going to need some rules around overtakes me thinks this time round - only 1 defensive move!!

Not played online yet but the career is good and had the safety in the first race at melbourne which was handy as I was lying 10th and way behind the car in 9th! Bit pissed off Ab Dabs only transitions from day to night in 100% though. Oh and the setup bug........ What a Face
SHEEPIE UK
SHEEPIE UK
Admin

https://kent360racers.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  bannbino Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:55 pm

Wank. i only played for 10 minutes and was bored with spinning out on high speed corners FT.

The 'VIP' code (which gives you nothing no one else doesn't get) seems to be just a rip off so if you buy the game pre-owned you have to then buy the VIP code if you want to do some of the online stuff. Cunts.

hopefully I'll get a good trade in value for BF3...
bannbino
bannbino

Back to top Go down

Post  SHEEPIE UK Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:31 am

bannbino wrote:

Wank. i only played for 10 minutes and was bored with spinning out on high speed corners FT.

The 'VIP' code (which gives you nothing no one else doesn't get) seems to be just a rip off so if you buy the game pre-owned you have to then buy the VIP code if you want to do some of the online stuff. Cunts.

hopefully I'll get a good trade in value for BF3...

LOL pmsl. Not had any issues with that. Try with these wheel settings:

Steering Deadzone:0
Steering Saturation:24
Steering Linearity:30
throttle deadzone:0
Throttle Saturation:22
Brake Deadzone:0
Brake Saturation:12

Oh and of course setting the front and rear springs to 11 .......... Very Happy
SHEEPIE UK
SHEEPIE UK
Admin

https://kent360racers.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  DanTheMan Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:14 pm

I have played alot of racing sims and it does seem exceptionally easy to spin out on this one!!!

Maybe its because im playing with the pad, hopefully I can get the wheel on Oct 14th when it comes out.

DanTheMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Hypno85 Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:55 pm

First things first! A quote I live by since being told it when I moaned about a game being slightly different. "Adapt to the change or become another stat on my score!"

All in all I like the game. I feel the handling is alot better than 2010 no more spinning for a slight tap or just running over a kerb. I'm not sure what you guys are doing to spin out. I've been hitting corners faster then I ever did in 2010 and getting round, to think I haven't span my car unless I've left DRS open when taking a fast corner or hitting the grass/gravel to much.

As Sheepie said the handling is different, but a after a few laps you adapt to the difference. As the cars now react to physic's alot more and with the new tyre's it going to be different.

There are bugs, but hey tell me a game which hasn't had any? Yeah its annoying some of the 2010 bugs have come across, I get affected by the stutter bug where the screen freezes for a second. So I reported it on the official forum.

p.s Steve I see you trading in BF3 as its damage system will piss you off hehe!
Hypno85
Hypno85

Back to top Go down

Post  Squeak83 Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:59 pm

Steve is correct that the VIP code is so they get more money if you buy it pre-owned which is rubbish, although I had to do that on BF2!!

I am liking the game and kinda enjoy the car moving around when the tyres are shot!

The AI needs improving as if you follow them, they seem to brake while going down the straight which cost me a front wing!

I think the handling and the KERS means that we will have more clean overtakes but it still does'nt stop people missing their braking points! Just throwing this out there, but if you do miss a breaking spot and plow into someone I think its only fair that you give up the position to the person you hit?? (Accident or not)!!

We do need to test a bit more and do a 50% race with a full grid and AI turned off!
Squeak83
Squeak83

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down