Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IDEAS FOR SEASON 2

+3
bannbino
Hypno85
SHEEPIE UK
7 posters

Go down

IDEAS FOR SEASON 2 Empty IDEAS FOR SEASON 2

Post  SHEEPIE UK Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:11 am

Want to know your thoughts on season 2 - anything you would like to see or changed?

My initial ideas:

£20 entry fee to spread the monies further down the field so 4th 5th and 6th still have something to play for.

Pit Limiter to MANUAL Very Happy

Some tracks designated as WET races eg: Silverstone for example (Only about 2/3)

Cut out Bahrain and Singapore so only have a 18 race season

Putting 2010 car performance on and players choice of car AFTER the first two races so then the person in last gets first choice of car for the next two races with the person winning getting last choice and so on after that for the remainder of the season

Seems my connection issues are resolved now I'm using direct cable but happy for someone different to host it each week

Discuss Question

SHEEPIE UK
SHEEPIE UK
Admin

https://kent360racers.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

IDEAS FOR SEASON 2 Empty Re: IDEAS FOR SEASON 2

Post  Hypno85 Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:11 am

Fee: I don't mind the £20 as it will make some think twice before making bad moves.
Pit Limiter: Not a massive fan of this, I had no problem with in the practice session but to many dislike it.
Wet Races: Jog on! None for this idea, dynamic is fine would rather it rain and the track to dry out or for it to rain half way through the race. Only because this would mix it up and pit strategy comes into play.
Cut Bahrain and Singapore: I would rather do them makes the £20 more worth it tbh.
Car performance: I like this idea a lot will make people stop saying the cars are different...as we know they will be javascript:emoticonp('Laughing'). Also people will have to start looking into custom setups to help with car performance.

Season two: is a rule, If you come off the track and have re-joined you should stay off racing line until at full speed.

In qualifying if your not on a hot lap stay off the racing line and set the car to cruise and go slower so other can see this. Also hot lap gaps in qualifying try to leave a good 5 sec's between you and the car in front so you don't comprise each others laps.

Also if you hit someone in the shitter and send them wide in a corner or you cut a corner and take a place you should yield the place back. (If they go into gravel trap no yield) It would be hard to police but more of a sporting rule.
Hypno85
Hypno85

Back to top Go down

Post  bannbino Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:45 pm

I'm up for 20 queen quids each, but not sure about 6th place! Who ever remembers 6th place?? How about:

Place % £
1st 40 92.00
2nd 20 46.00
3rd 15 34.50
4th 10 23.00
5th 5 11.50
Most Race Wins 5 11.50
Most Poles 5 11.50
Monaco Win Bonus - 10.00

If that's a bit too rich for some peoples blood, and if we've got enough interested, we could even do a second league with just 10 quid entry.

As for this pit limiter shite, if you want to set yours to manual, feel free. I don't fancy the idea of winning or losing a race because you can't see the points on the pit lane where you're supposed to press the button! a 10 second penalty for ramming someone up the shitter is fair enough but not for that stupid pit lane rubbish!

Wet races - don't play with nature. we've had a bit of wet this year. too much might make the game a bit shite. also, what if we get wet races that aren't forced to be wet? we could end up with double bubble. I know in single player mode when there's lots of wet races i get bored of spinning! Leave em all dynamic, i say.

I'm with Hypno on keeping the Bahrain and Singapore GP's. I like both of them. but 19 minus 2 is 17, not 18...

But this idea of setting the cars to 2010 performance and reversing the order based on the current league table so first gets worst and last gets best is a great one! Who's idea was it?? It's gonna be a bit more work for Bernie between races but should only take a couple of minutes. It would probably work better with the proper FIA points system as well, so 25 for 1st, 18 for 2nd etc...

You're doing a great job hosting, Bernie. No problems last time out. It must be one hell of a length you got crimped! Keep it up.
bannbino
bannbino

Back to top Go down

Post  Villa John Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:13 am

I'm up for

- NO to the pit limiter
- £10 entry as I don't fancying funding Steve's holidays for another year
- Keep Bahrain and Singapore
- Keep race weather to dynamic, too many wet races could make it crap
- 2010 car performance could make things interesting, but would be added ball ache for Mark to work out. Nobody likes extra admin. So I'm 50-50 on this
- I like the 12-1 points system... but the F1 points system does reward a race win more. The disadvantage is if your connection drops out, you get stung more!
Villa John
Villa John

Back to top Go down

Post  Squeak83 Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:09 am

Bernie, you have some good ideas there! I reckon you should post some polls and get the results that way!
Squeak83
Squeak83

Back to top Go down

Post  Tempy303 Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:08 pm

Agree mostly with John, with one or two minor changes.

- Def NO to the manual pit limiter - It's fooking shite! Auto all the way baby!!!!
- Happy with the 20 queen sheets pending the outcome of other options being changed in season 2
- Keep all tracks....why wouldn't you? Everyone has to race them, so it's fair
- Not too bothered about weather, happy to go with dynamic if it's a majority vote
- 2010 car performance - Nah. this game is on my limit for realism as it is and I really don't wanna get into geeky car configs and custom setups. I don't have the time or the inclanation. I would rather keep the cars the same and have it down to driver skill. If we have to start tweaking car settings to that sort of "make or break" degree, "I'm out" faster than Duncan Banatyne when presented with an idea for a dog shit flavoured lolly pop.
- Points system - Happy with the way it is. I know sod all about F1, so the F1 system confuses my simple brain. Yes the connection is more stable lately, but not stable enough and I don't think people should be punished for getting booted. If using the F1 system would be worse for this, then none for it.
Tempy303
Tempy303

Back to top Go down

Post  stko! Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:10 pm

Based on my limited experience.

Entry Fee
£20 is fine as long as there's something for the "newbies" to play for -- Steve's breakdown of the money isn't bad, actually. With more money on the line though, there might be more blame associated with people when shit turns sour on the track. As long as everything remains friendly, etc.

Pit Limiter
I want this kept at auto for obvious reasons.

Track Selection
If we're doing a full season, we should include all the tracks. More races, more drama.

Weather
Keep this set to dynamic as I quite like the random element.

2010 Car Performance
I don't mind this. It'll probably work out best for me seeing as I'm going to be propping up the table most of the time, anyway. EDIT: Paul's just told me there'd need to be all-sorts of customisation required to get the most out of the car. Balls to that. I just want to drive.

Real points. I realise I'm shooting myself in the foot with this one but it puts more emphasis on going for the win, rather than running a safe race and still collecting a substantial share of the points. With that being said, it's not a dealbreaker either way and if people stand to lose out more with their connection dropping, it's best to stick with what we've got.

Qualifiers
107% rule? Razz
stko!
stko!

Back to top Go down

Post  Villa John Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:29 pm

I think you should get some polls setup Bernie then we'll get some decisions.
Villa John
Villa John

Back to top Go down

Post  bannbino Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:42 am

Tempy303 wrote:- 2010 car performance - Nah. this game is on my limit for realism as it is and I really don't wanna get into geeky car configs and custom setups. I don't have the time or the inclanation. I would rather keep the cars the same and have it down to driver skill. If we have to start tweaking car settings to that sort of "make or break" degree, "I'm out" faster than Duncan Banatyne when presented with an idea for a dog shit flavoured lolly pop.
- Points system - Happy with the way it is. I know sod all about F1, so the F1 system confuses my simple brain. Yes the connection is more stable lately, but not stable enough and I don't think people should be punished for getting booted. If using the F1 system would be worse for this, then none for it.

The tweaking thing applies as much now as it would with cars set to 2010 performance. The only tweaking i do is to move the quick car setup over to the 'driest' setting for dry quali/race, and try and guess where to put it for a wet race! if you can't be bothered customising your setup now, why would you bother with a shit car? if you get a poor result, you'll fall down the table and get a 'good' car next time out! it's swings and roundabouts that would probably favour steady, non spinning driving.

As for the points system, I agree. it's provided an exciting season as it is and probably doesn't need to be changed, unless we adopt the 2010 performance format. then it would help spread out the drivers a bit more to make it easier to assign the cars.

But you're right, if it ain't broke, don't fix it! I reckon we should try a practice session with the 2010 car performance based on a reverse championship order! then it can go to the vote - it might be a big pile of dog shit flavoured lolly pops...
bannbino
bannbino

Back to top Go down

Post  SHEEPIE UK Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:05 am

LOL some good comments / ideas there chaps so expect to see some polls soon.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned..........Racing Line - Braking point only? Very Happy

Watch this space

PS I love dog shit flavoured lolly pops cheers
SHEEPIE UK
SHEEPIE UK
Admin

https://kent360racers.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  bannbino Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:03 am

SHEEPIE UK wrote:LOL some good comments / ideas there chaps so expect to see some polls soon.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned..........Racing Line - Braking point only? Very Happy

Watch this space

PS I love dog shit flavoured lolly pops cheers

Oh, and one other thing, the drop outs on the current poins system hasn't favoured me any, it only favours people at the bottom of the order. The shadow FIA spreadsheet that some of you (yawn - you know who you are) get proves that...
bannbino
bannbino

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down